Quality Assurance Coordinator
QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR
Supervisor: Plant Manager
Date Completed: 08/28/17
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Location(s): 3087 River Rd.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (SUMMARY)
Reporting directly to the Total Quality Manager (TQM), the Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of critical QA / QC processes within the organization as assigned. The QA Coordinator utilizes critical thinking and attention-to-detail skills to review, monitor, and approve production to a specific quality standard. Works with all levels of management and associates to facilitate problem solving and ensure customer quality standards are achieved.
III. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
Science or Quality Oriented Associates degree or higher
Kind & Length of Experience:
The individual must have 2+ years of progressive experience in a GMP manufacturing or laboratory environment. Experience with ISO 9001, GMP, IPEC, GFSI, and other quality programs preferable. Proven attention-to-detail and decision making skills in a scientific environment.
IV. PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS
- Ensures that 100% of production is QA reviewed & approved according to specifications prior to release.
- Assist operations to investigate quality issues, complaints, or product returns. Provide technical support in production investigations by root cause analysis.
- Assist in quality audits (regulatory, customer, certifications, and internal) as needed.
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of key QA/QC processes with the organization as assigned.
- This position supports the following company programs:
- Document and record control for Quality related processes
- Management of change;
- Quality Internal auditing
- Nonconformance, corrective/preventive action; and
- Monitoring/measurement/calibration of lab equipment.
- Support efforts to implement and maintain the RC14001/EHS&S management system;
- Conform with the EHS&S Policy and the Cardinal Rules;
- Maintaining a safe and secure workplace and meet environmental site requirements;
- Support the EHS&S objectives and targets, and any specific action plans or management programs assigned;
- Understand the EHS&S risks and impacts of the employee’s job and functional area, including appropriate controls and procedures;
- Understand the EHS&S impacts/consequence that could result if specified procedures are not followed;
- Report accidents and incidents to a supervisor or the EHS&S department;
- Participate in required EHS&S training.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
Customer Service, Teamwork & Code of Conduct
- Maintain a safe, legal and environmentally protective operation
- Listen to our customers, suppliers and employees
- Respond quickly to customer concerns
- Provide flexible and innovative strategies to support new business opportunities
- Be cost effective in the utilization of our resources, thereby contributing to the profitability of Peter Cremer North America, LP and our customers
- Strive for continued improvement
- Willing and eagerness to learn
- Maintain positive “Can Do” attitude
Peter Cremer Training Required
We will follow the company written training program for this position.